Thursday, January 29, 2015

Beginnings: The Birth of a Blog



"Nourish beginnings, let us nourish beginnings. Not all things are blest, but the seeds of all things are blest. The blessing is in the seed."  - Muriel Rukeyser, "Elegy in Joy"

Beginnings--life is a series of beginnings. With an upcoming birthday, and the delight of growing another year wiser, I wanted to finally begin writing a blog that has been gestating in my brain for awhile now, and share it with the universe.

Why "Mindful Meowsings?"
Because conspiretoinspire.com was already taken, and because freelifeadviceandsometimesfunnystoriesthatyoumayormaynotwanttohear.com just didn't quite roll off the tongue as easily. ;)

What it is NOT:
  • A fashion catwalk (I'll leave that to the professional fashionistas/os)
  • A food gallery (I'll leave that to Yelp)
  • A selfie parade (I'll leave that to Kim Kardashian)
  • A diary of the mundane (I'll leave that to the nouveau generation of autobiographers v2.0)
What it IS:
  • A modern catalog of musings on various topics and interests that aspire to inspire others
  • A place to share some valuable life lessons learned (painfully or gracefully) over the years
  • A hub for helpful tips and tricks to make your life more efficient and generally more awesome
  • A few random pages of the script of my life...as a sitcom (like that one time I flew off a Segway, in a dress, into a ditch and needed stitches)
I really hope that you will find inspiration, value, or entertainment in reading future posts.

Cheers to beginnings.

4 comments:

  1. Great! Can't wait to read these. I've always thought you should turn your life into a movie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks NGF! Someday...maybe a romantic comedy? haha

      Delete
  2. Welcome to the blogosphere! I look forward to reading more posts in the future :)

    ReplyDelete